The NAPFA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is committed to turning Americans into confident financial decision makers.
The NAPFA Foundation directly supports NAPFA’s strategic driver, advocacy, by helping to drive the initiative of increasing accessibility of Fee-Only financial planning resources and services to a broader population.
Mission: Transforming lives by expanding access to Fee-Only financial planning
Vision: Changing lives through pro-bono financial advice.
The NAPFA Foundation fulfills its Mission with the following programs:
- Building Homes for Heroes — Exclusive CFP® partner advising disabled veterans. This program has been directly supported through generous grants from the Foundation for Financial Planning (FFP) since 2016.
- Advisers Give Back— Partnering with Advisers Give Back by connecting consumers with a pro bono NAPFA advisor.
- College Affordability Project — Helping families understand the costs of college and connecting families with tools to save money on the cost of college.
- Future Program Development — Possible programs to support young adults, elderly, disabled, women and families with terminal illness.
NAPFA members can give back via the Foundation. Our impact is great when we share our skills pro-bono with people who otherwise would not have access to our expertise.
Consider volunteering your financial planning expertise or making a donation to support NAPFA Foundation programs. All contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible and are spent on the operations and programming of the organization.
Employer ID Number: 20-2025908
For more information, please contact Nick Casas, NAPFA Foundation Program Coodinator, (847) 483-5400 ext. 106.
The NAPFA Foundation offers many scholarship opportunities that can assist future Fee-Only planners.
- Diahann Lassus Scholarship
- Gail Parker Scholarship
- Lynn Ballou Scholarship
Thank you, Donors!
The NAPFA Foundation greatly appreciates the support of its donors. View a list of 2021-2022 donors here.
By making a monetary contribution to support the NAPFA Foundation, you:
- Take enterprising action on a cause whose urgency you experience every day.
- Ensure that NAPFA’s client-focused, Fee-Only values are strongly represented in the industry’s consumer outreach efforts.
- Support current NAPFA Foundation pro-bono programmatic opportunities.
- Develop future national pro-bono opportunities for affinities you have served locally including the elderly, terminally ill, veterans, school children, women and those in poverty.